The principle of Feng Shui is based on the fact that our home is a living entity where energy, balance, peace and harmony reside.
To understand the universe of Feng Shui we have to understand that we are pure energy and vibration, therefore, we must align our self with this to influence the energy we want to attract.
Find the balance
A house that is too saturated is the reflection of a chaotic life, this means that we must balance the energy that surrounds us and for this we will use the concept of ying and yang.
Yin represents darkness, black, gray, dark tones that appear to be more introspective and deep. On the contrary, Yang represents clarity, light, light colors. If our home lacks this balance we will probably find ourselves with a house that is too opaque or one that is too illuminated. For this not to happen it is important to find the balance and work with the contrasts that we want to project in our temple.
Remember that one of the principles of Feng Shui is based on balance.
The 5 elements
The 5 elements are actually the 5 ways in which energy manifests itself.
We must keep these elements in mind when decorating our home and make sure that they are all distributed in a balanced way in our house so as not to attract more energy than we want.
Here we explain it better.
- Wood: When we think of wood, we think of a warm and cozy home. Having wooden furniture or plants is the best alternative to attract those feelings.
- Fire: fire is passion. decorate your home with candles, lights, bright colors, and make sure your home has windows where the sun shine.
- Earth: The earth is what gives us stability. This can be complemented with articles in clay, ceramic and tiles.
- Metal: The metal focuses our energy and promotes our concentration. Therefore metal objects cannot be missing in your home. But be careful not to add too much and make your spaces too cold because of the strength of metal.
- Water: To give a touch of freshness and movement to your home, the element of water is essential. For them, we can use objects such as fish tanks, fountains, glass objects or any item that is bright.
What influence do the shapes have on your home?
Very simple. We will classify the shapes in two categories, round and square. In Feng Shui, round shapes represent creativity and coziness, while square shapes represent order, methodical thinking and discipline.
Too many square shapes can focus the energy of your home into a rigid and unwelcoming space and too many round shapes attract a lack of stability.
This principle is very important when decorating your home and choosing your furniture.
Your home is your temple
Repeat it as many times as necessary because this is an absolute truth.
Feng Shui seeks the harmony of your home and your life. Therefore it is important to be aware that absolutely everything has an intention and influences that energy.
For example, colors through their vibration can affect your emotions, clutter and dirt cause the energy to stagnate and consequently your life is also stagnant.
To attract what we want to our life we must take into account how we are manifesting it. That is why it is important to remodel your home. As simple as that, if you feel that maybe a piece of furniture, a decoration, a picture or a photo brings you bad memories and is no longer part of what you dream or what you want to attract, get rid of them.
Ask yourself what makes you vibrate and surround yourself with things you love.